FIGHTING THE HEART WAR WITH LOVE.

tbt- 3.8.12- 'thankful'

13 February 2014


Another entry for our throw back thursday blogs- this one is from March 8, 2012- the picture above is of Jackson and our buds Gavin + Owen at the Philadelphia Zoo- making the most of our time here before Hayden arrived!
'We have been in Collingswood NJ for just about two weeks now and Jackson is finally settling into naps again so I am able to update! 
The transition here has been harder on Jackson and I than I thought- being 9 months pregnant, out of our element and solely caring for my active three year old has been no easy task. There are a few things that get us by each day- first and foremost is knowing that this sacrifice we are making is worth every second for our Hayden to be born and cared for in the best place possible.  Someday Hayden will know what his older brother gave up for him. The second is the support we are receiving here.  Almost every day an incredible friend of ours has made a long drive to spend their day with us.  I’m not sure who benefits more from this- Jackson or myself. Every day I thank my friend and their child/children for coming all this way to spend time with us and play with us- and every time they tell me its no big deal- to that I 100% disagree. It couldn’t be more of a help to have support here for me, and playmates and friends for Jackson. It’s our piece of home that we truly need and appreciate. And finally, as each day passes, we know it is closer to Rob coming back. Jackson needs his daddy, and I need my companion.
With less than two weeks until Hayden’s anticipated arrival, it has all become so real.  There are parts of me that cant believe how fast the past 4 months have gone, and other times it feels like an eternity.  The constant between the two is how we got to this point- I am forever grateful for the people in our lives who have held our hands thus far in Hayden’s journey. It has taken a lot to get us to this point and I am positive we are only successfully here because of the support we have been given. We aren’t big into asking people for help. Its unbelievable the amount of people in our lives who don’t even ask what they can do, they just do…I have said this before but I feel the need to say it again…everyone is always telling me how strong I am. I am only capable of being this strong because I have the most incredible support system of anyone I know….'

No comments :

Post a Comment


DEDICATED TO HAYDEN JETER DORSETT
3.12.12 - 8.16.12

copyright 2012 - 2015 hayden's heart inc. 501(c)(3) all rights reserved blog design by Madison & Mi